- Clothing Drive at HBS Mass, 11/9 @ 8pm, HBS Chapel We will be collecting new socks and new/gently used hats, gloves, and mittens this SUNDAY at HBS Mass at 8pm. This clothing drive will benefit the Boston Homeless Community and is being organized by HLS’ Catholic Students Association (who will be joining us at Mass this Sunday as well). Please see blurb below for more details on the clothing drive: The Boston Homeless Community has seen a 11.6% increase this year. With the early dip in winter temperatures, many of the new members of our most vulnerable community may not be prepared to manage the long winter ahead. We will be collecting winter accessories to donate to the Boston Rescue Mission to help them assist in this effort. They are in great need of new socks and either new/gently used winter hats, gloves, and mittens. Our goal is that everyone will donate at least one new set of socks and one gently used item (hat/mittens/gloves). Please bring your donations to any CLSA sponsored mass (including this week’s mass at HBS), or drop them off in a box which will be placed in Wasserstein Hall at the Law School shortly. God Bless and thank you for helping others to stay warm!
- Christian Moms’ Fellowship Group, 11/11 @ 4pm, Hamilton Lounge Come join us in worship, devotion, prayer and fellowship over snacks! Children are always welcomed! (Note: This is a partnership with the Christian Fellowship group at HBS.)
- HBS Catholic Prayer Group, 11/12 from 3:30-4pm, Spangler 209 Join fellow HBS Catholics this Wednesday from 3:30-4pm in Spangler 209 for prayer, reflection and discussion. Calendar invites for the prayer group meetings during the rest of this semester will be sent out shortly.
Programming outside The Bubble
- Cor ad Cor Loquitor: Challenges of Balancing Faith, Work and Life, 11/6 @ 8pm, Harvard Catholic Center Join us on Thursday, November 6th for graduate student and young professional presentations and discussion on meeting the challenges of balancing faith, work and life. Our very own Ed Kennedy (ND) will be representing HBS on the panel!
- Theology on Tap: The Things they Never Explained to Tarzan and Jane: A Catholic Survival Guide for Relationships in the 21st Century, 11/12 (dinner at 6:30pm, lecture at 7pm), John Harvard’s On 11/12, Father Dave Nicgorski will be presenting a Theology on Tap lecture titled “The Things they Never Explained to Tarzan and Jane: A Catholic Survival Guide for Relationships in the 21st Century.” Time: 6:30pm (Food and Conversation), 7:00 – 8:00 PM (Lecture) Location: John Harvard’s Brew House, 33 Dunster Street, Cambridge (At the bottom of stairs, you need to make 3 rights.)
- Eucharistic Adoration, Benediction and Confession, Every Tuesday during academic year @ from 8-9pm, St. Paul’s Church Join us on Tuesdays during the academic year from 8-9pm for Totus Tuesday in St. Paul’s Church. During holy hour there is Eucharistic Adoration, Benediction, Confession, meditation and music. Following the holy hour is Super Tuesday at 9:00pm. Join us in the student lounge at the Catholic Center for snacks and conversation. All are welcome!
- Paul’s Food Pantry, Every Saturday morning, St. Paul’s Lower Church St. Paul’s Parish operates a food pantry each Saturday morning in St. Paul’s lower church. For more information please contact Tara at [email protected].