Hope you had a great first week of classes! In today’s Gospel reading (Mk 4:21-25), Jesus said to his disciples, “Is a lamp brought in to be placed under a bushel basket or under a bed, and not to be placed on a lampstand?” His question reminds us that our (metaphorical) lamp is to be placed on a lampstand so that we will “rouse one another to love and good works.” To those who approach their faith “with a sincere heart and in absolute trust” even “more will be given.” Lord God, let us hold unwaveringly to our confession that gives us hope and consider how to raise one another to love.
Please see below for club announcements. We look forward to seeing you at our “Super Bowl” edition- Mass this Sunday at 4pm in the HBS Chapel!
Your CSA Exec Team
Upcoming @ HBS
- [SIGN UP] Sunday Mass – SUPERBOWL SPECIAL, Sun 2/1 @ 4pm, HBS Chapel
As always, the Mass schedule, cookie sign-up, cantor sign-up and prayers of the faithful submissions are in the Google doc. If anyone would like to make cookies this week, we would appreciate your help!
- HBS Catholic Prayer Group, Wed 2/4 from 3:30-4pm, HBS Chapel
Join fellow HBS Catholics this Wednesday from 3:30-4pm in the HBS Chapel for prayer, reflection and discussion as we kick off the new semester.
- [SAVE THE DATE] Harvard Catholic Center Retreat, Sat 2/21, Gallatin Lounge (~10am-4pm, exact times TBA)
Save the date for this one-day retreat with Catholics from all of Harvard’s graduate schools. We are looking for volunteers to lead one or more of our three sessions on: 1. Teachings & Practices of Discernment, 2. Dating & Marriage, and 3. Work. If you are interested volunteering or in learning more, please contact Andrew Hillis at [email protected].
Programming outside The Bubble
- Collegium 2015 Student Fellowships, Deadline 1/31
Application deadline for graduate student fellowships is January 31, 2015. Collegium is a joint effort by 61 Catholic colleges and universities to recruit and develop faculty who can articulate and enrich the spiritual and intellectual life of their institutions. Collegium colloquies offer scholars from every field an opportunity in a collegial environment to explore the relationship between Christian faith and intellectual life. Collegium fellowships are available to faculty from member institutions and to advanced graduate students from any institution pursuing careers in teaching and research. For more information and application materials, please visit, www.collegium.org, call 508.793.3738 or email [email protected].
- Graduate Students and Young Professionals Dinner, 2/5 @ 7pm, Harvard Catholic Center (20 Arrow Street)
Join us on Thursday, February 5. We gather at 7:00pm and dine at 7:30pm in the Student Lounge at 20 Arrow Street. Future dates: March 26, April 16, May 14.
- Daughters of Charity “Come and See” Vocation Retreat Weekend, 2/13-15, National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in Emmitsburg, MD
The Daughters of Charity are offering a “Come and See” vocation retreat weekend February 13 – 15, 2015. Single Catholic women ages 18-40 interested in a vocation as a Sister are invited to attend. The retreat will be held at the National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton in Emmitsburg, MD. If interested please contact: Sr. Denise LaRock, D.C. at (410) 646-2074 or [email protected]. www.daughters-of-charity.com.
- Believers in Business Conference 2015, 2/20-21 Fri evening-Sat, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, NYC
Believers in Business is a student-run national conference that equips Christian/Catholic MBA students to glorify God through their lives, careers, and fellowship with each other. Prices: $139 for students; $189 for professionals. There is a “Fellowship with a friend” discount – buy two tickets and get one 15% off. Also, HBS Christian Fellowship will be providing transportation from Boston to NYC and back. Buy your tickets today! Looking for a ticket buddy or roommate? Find one here! Questions? Email Kai Li at [email protected]
- His Way at Work 2015 Spiritual Retreat, 2-27-3/1, LC Cheshire Seminary in Cheshire, CT
Visit this link for more information.
- St. Cecilia Young Adults Corsages and Cummerbunds Winter Formal, 2/28, Westin Copley
The St. Cecilia Young Adults group in partnership with The Paulist Center and St. Anthony Shrine young adult groups is hosting a winter dance on Saturday, February 28 at the Westin Copley from 8-11pm for young adults aged 21-40 from across the diocese. Tickets can be purchased at scya.eventbrite.com for $35 each. DJ, appetizers, and a cash bar will be available. For more information, email [email protected].
- Graduate Student Brunch, Every Sunday after 9:30am Mass at St. Paul’s Church
The GSAS CSA invites all graduate students and young professionals to join them for brunch every Sunday following the 9:30am Mass. Gather and meet in the vestibule after Mass to go over together.
- Paul’s Food Pantry, Every Saturday morning, St. Paul’s Lower Church
St. Paul’s Parish operates a food pantry each Saturday morning in St. Paul’s lower church. For more information please contact Tara at [email protected].
- Prison Ministry, Every Sunday at South Bay’s House of Correction
Please join us for Prison Ministry on Sundays at South Bay’s House of Correction. For more info, please contact [email protected].
Mass and the Sacraments @ St. Paul’s
- Regular Mass and Sacraments schedules
- Sunday: 7:30AM, 9:30AM, 11:00AM, 5:00PM (Student Mass during academic year)
Daily Mass at St. Paul’s
- Monday-Friday: 8:00AM, 12:10PM
- Saturday: 9:00AM
Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Saturdays 3:00PM-4:00PM (in Reconciliation Room in the back of St Paul’s Church)
Adoration & Confession:
- Tuesdays: 8pm-9pm (during academic year)
- First Friday of the month after the 8:00AM Mass until noon
- Prep for Marriage, Confirmation or any of the other Sacraments