Happy Friday! Today is the Feast Day of St. Paul Miki and his companions, also known as the 26 Martyrs of Nagasaki. This group of native Japanese Catholics and foreign missionaries suffered death by crucifixion and lancing for their faith on February 5, 1597 in Nagasaki, Japan. St. Paul Miki and companions, pray for us, that we may hold with courage even until death to the faith that we profess.
Please see below for club announcements. We look forward to seeing you at our regular HBS Mass this Sunday at 8pm in the HBS Chapel!
Your CSA Exec Team
Upcoming @ HBS
- [SIGN UP] Sunday Mass, Sun 2/8 @ 8pm, HBS Chapel
As always, the Mass schedule, cookie sign-up, cantor sign-up and prayers of the faithful submissions are in the Google doc. If anyone would like to make cookies this week, we would appreciate your help!
- HBS Catholic Prayer Group, Wed 2/11 from 3:30-4pm, Spangler 203
Join fellow HBS Catholics this Wednesday from 3:30-4pm in Spangler 203 for prayer, reflection and discussion as we approach Lent!
- [SIGN UP] Harvard Catholic Center Retreat, Sat 2/21, Gallatin Lounge (10:30am-4:00pm)
Sign up for this one-day retreat with Catholics from all of Harvard’s graduate schools. More information in the attached flyer. We are looking for volunteers to lead one or more of our three sessions on: 1. Teachings & Practices of Discernment, 2. Dating & Marriage, and 3. Work. If you are interested in volunteering or in learning more, please contact Andrew Hillis at [email protected] or Erin Frey at ([email protected] or [email protected]).
- [SAVE THE DATE] CSA Mardi Gras Social, Tues 2/17, Gallatin Lounge (Time TBA)
Save the date for our Mardi Gras social event on Tues 2/17 in Gallatin Lounge. Details to come.
Programming outside The Bubble
- Massachusetts Interfaith Worker Justice Assembly for Catholics, Sat 2/7 (TOMORROW), Saint Monica – St. Augustine Parish (331 Old Colony Avenue, South Boston)
Pope Francis calls the Catholic Church to the forefront of social action for adult workers’ rights. We are empowering Catholics in the Archdiocese of Boston to be leaders in our faith-based organization. Join us at Saint Monica – St. Augustine Parish (331 Old Colony Avenue, South Boston) this Saturday, February 7, 2015 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. To pre-register, go to laborguild.com/shop or contact Brother Anthony Zuba,OFM Cap at 857.615.3356 or at [email protected].
- Daughters of Charity “Come and See” Vocation Retreat Weekend, 2/13-15, National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in Emmitsburg, MD
The Daughters of Charity are offering a “Come and See” vocation retreat weekend February 13 – 15, 2015. Single Catholic women ages 18-40 interested in a vocation as a Sister are invited to attend. The retreat will be held at the National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton in Emmitsburg, MD. If interested please contact: Sr. Denise LaRock, D.C. at (410) 646-2074 or [email protected]. www.daughters-of-charity.com.
- Ex Libris Reading Group, 2/17, Harvard Catholic Center Student Lounge (20 Arrow Street)
Come and join us on Tuesday February 17, at 8:00pm in the Student Lounge for the next meeting of our reading group, Ex Libris. We’ll be reading a couple of G. K. Chesterton’s ‘Father Brown’ tales – short and fun detective stories with plenty to say about theology and morality, which will hopefully give us ample opportunity to reflect on our own walks with Jesus. Please email [email protected] for a pdf of the reading material if you want to look at it in advance. Everyone is welcome – we look forward to seeing you there!
- Harvard Catholic Center Lecture Series presents Peter Kreeft on “The Three Best Arguments for Atheism”, 2/19, Harvard Catholic Center (20 Arrow Street)
Harvard Catholic Center Lecture Series presents Professor Peter Kreeft for a talk entitled “The Three Best Arguments for Atheism. Lecture will take place on Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 7.00 PM in DiGiovanni Hall.
- Believers in Business Conference 2015, 2/20-21 Fri evening-Sat, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, NYC
Believers in Business is a student-run national conference that equips Christian/Catholic MBA students to glorify God through their lives, careers, and fellowship with each other. Prices: $139 for students; $189 for professionals. There is a “Fellowship with a friend” discount – buy two tickets and get one 15% off. Also, HBS Christian Fellowship will be providing transportation from Boston to NYC and back. Buy your tickets today! Looking for a ticket buddy or roommate? Find one here! Questions? Email Kai Li at [email protected]
- Cor Ad Cor, 2/26, Harvard Catholic Center Student Lounge (20 Arrow Street)
How does your life of faith guide you in your working life? How does your work help you live out your faith? Come hear others’ stories and share your own over food, wine, and warm conversation. Date: Thursday, February 26, 2015. Time: 8:00 PM.
- His Way at Work 2015 Spiritual Retreat, 2-27-3/1, LC Cheshire Seminary in Cheshire, CT
Visit this link for more information.
- Cecilia Young Adults Corsages and Cummerbunds Winter Formal, 2/28, Westin Copley
The St. Cecilia Young Adults group in partnership with The Paulist Center and St. Anthony Shrine young adult groups is hosting a winter dance on Saturday, February 28 at the Westin Copley from 8-11pm for young adults aged 21-40 from across the diocese. Tickets can be purchased at scya.eventbrite.com for $35 each. DJ, appetizers, and a cash bar will be available. For more information, email [email protected].
- Graduate Student Brunch, Every Sunday after 9:30am Mass at St. Paul’s Church
The GSAS CSA invites all graduate students and young professionals to join them for brunch every Sunday following the 9:30am Mass. Gather and meet in the vestibule after Mass to go over together.
- Paul’s Food Pantry, Every Saturday morning, St. Paul’s Lower Church
St. Paul’s Parish operates a food pantry each Saturday morning in St. Paul’s lower church. For more information please contact Tara at [email protected].
Mass and the Sacraments @ St. Paul’s
- Regular Mass and Sacraments schedules
- Sunday: 7:30AM, 9:30AM, 11:00AM, 5:00PM (Student Mass during academic year)
Daily Mass at St. Paul’s
- Monday-Friday: 8:00AM, 12:10PM
- Saturday: 9:00AM
Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Saturdays 3:00PM-4:00PM (in Reconciliation Room in the back of St Paul’s Church)
Adoration & Confession:
- Tuesdays: 8pm-9pm (during academic year)
- First Friday of the month after the 8:00AM Mass until noon
- Prep for Marriage, Confirmation or any of the other Sacraments